You can set up Terms & Conditions on your website in two ways:
1) As a Terms And Conditions tick box which the buyer must tick to be able to proceed on the Checkout page.
2) As a normal page in Page Manager which displays on the site according to your navigation settings, but isn't used on the Checkout page with a tick box. Read here about setting up pages using the CMS.
Setting Up Terms And Conditions With A Tick Box On The Checkout Page
- Enable this feature via Admin > Site Settings > Ecommerce > Turn On the Terms & Conditions on Checkout
- Add your content to the System Page called "checkout_terms_and_conditions"
- Optionally, change the descriptive text that appears on the Checkout page for the Terms & Conditions box via Admin > Site Definitions
|T_AND_C_TITLE||Terms & Conditions||The title for the optional Terms and Conditions box on Checkout|
|T_AND_C_LABEL||I Agree To The Terms And Conditions Of This Website||The text next to the checkbox in the options Terms and Conditions box on Checkout|
|T_AND_C_ALERT||You need to tick to agree to the terms and conditions of this site to proceed||The text to go in the alert that appears if and order is submitted without the Terms and Conditions Acknowledgement being ticked|
- Put a test order through to the checkout page to ensure it is working as desired.