This scheme allows you to sign up new customers via a unique registration link who then immediately benefit from preferential prices when they shop. It uses a modified version of the standard registration process which you can customise with additional information about your scheme.
(Tip: If you want to add existing customers to this scheme, simply change them to the loyalty user group you use below and they will get preferential prices too)
How It Works:
- Customer clicks a "Loyalty Sign Up" link
- Customer goes through a customisable registration process capturing their name, address, billing and delivery details
- Customer ticks to accept your terms and conditions
- Customer can tick to opt-out of marketing emails (you can hide this step)
- Customer is assigned into a specified "Loyalty" user group with your preferential prices
- Customer continues shopping and immediately gets preferential prices
- Customer receives a customisable registration email welcoming them to the scheme and giving their login details
Price Display: Once assigned to a loyalty group the user sees their new prices. It can also show a customisable message e.g. "This is your loyalty price". It does not currently show the saving they have made.
- Go to Admin > User Group Manager
- Set up a user group for your preferential loyalty pricing e.g. Loyalty
- Go to Products Manager > set up the preferential pricing for your Loyalty group
- Go to Preferential Pricing Manager
- Tick Enable Preferential Pricing and complete the following fields:
- Scheme Group: select the user group you are using for your preferential pricing e.g. Loyalty
- Require Secret URL Parameter: tick this to create a unique URL by which people access the scheme's registration process
- Secret URL Parameter: Click to Generate a secret URL. This is a simple way to control access to the scheme and is not indexed by Google.
- Display tick box during registration to allow user to opt-out of marketing emails. Tick to give customers a chance to opt-out, otherwise leave un-ticked to stop it being displayed and users will automatically be opted-in (if you un-tick this we recommend you have something in your terms that says by accepting the scheme's terms they will receive marketing emails).
- Show Registration Stage 1 Title Text from: Defaults to a pre-set page PP Registration Page 1 which you can modify in Page Manager
- Show Scheme Introduction Text from: Defaults to a pre-set page PP Scheme Introduction Text which you can modify in Page Manager
- Show Scheme Terms and Conditions from: Defaults to a pre-set page PP Terms & Conditions which you can modify in Page Manager
- Show Registration Stage 2 Title Text from: Defaults to a pre-set page PP Registration Stage 2 which you can modify in Page Manager
- Show Registration Stage 3 Title Text from: Defaults to a pre-set page PP Registration Stage 3 which you can modify in Page Manager
- New User Email Template: Defaults to a pre-set page PP New User Scheme Email which you can modify in Page Manager
- Click Submit
- URL Link. The URL link for the loyalty registration process will then be displayed at the bottom of the page in the field: Users can sign up for Preferential Pricing by going to: http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/register.php?s=secretkey.
- Use this link to provide access to your preferential pricing scheme's registration and promote it via your marketing program or an on-page banner.
|I Accept the Terms & Conditions
|The text that appears next to the checkbox for the Terms & Conditions on the Register Page if Preferential Pricing is turned on
|You need to agree to the Terms & Conditions to sign up
|The text that appears in the Alert if users have not agreed to the Terms & Conditions on the Register Page if Preferential Pricing is turned on
|Tick here if you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing updates
|The text that appears next to the checkbox for Opt-in/out of Marketing Emails on the Register Page if Preferential Pricing is turned on
You can display a message on the product page which the customer sees once signed up / logged in e.g. This is your loyalty pricing. Contact your account manager for a price for this as it requires a code change (which includes your loyalty message) and design work. You may also want a banner on your site advertising your scheme.