Please make sure you setup the correct account with Sagepay, this needs to be a VSP Form account.
Please go to the following Sagepay link to setup your account, or call them.
The instructions below will help you complete your registration with Sagepay. Please note the following questions come after the section with your personal details:
1. Select an off the shelf shopping cart option
2. Select “other”
3. Select “form”
4. Click “next”
5. You may be asked if you want to use Sagepay’s payment pages to which you should answer yes. [Host on ISP shared server, use Form.]
Can you please also make sure your website implementation contact is added as a technical point of contact onto the account, which allows that person to speak to Sagepay on your behalf.
Setting Up Your Test Status
1. An email is received from Sagepay for you with your user credentials i.e. Vendor Name and two different passwords; an admin password to access the account, and an encryption password. Log-in to Sagepay and create a user and grant all privileges to this user. This means you now have a Vendor Name and Username.
2. Go into your website Admin > Site Setup > Integrations > Sage Pay and enter the supplied details for Vendor Name and Encryption Password and set Payment Type to Payment
NB This is the usual setting for taking payment immediately, Deferred and Authenticate methods allow payments to be taken at a later date read more on Sagepay.
3. Go to Payment Processor Manager and edit the Sagepay payment processor so that "MODE" is set to "Test" (which hides this payment processor on the live website and only directs transactions to the test account).
4. Please now carry out a test order through your website, making sure you use one of the test credit cards.
5. Once you have carried out a Test order, please login into the Sagepay Test account , to make sure "Test funds" have been credited to the account, and you are also able to perform a "Test refund".
6. Once step 5 has been successful, log in to your website Admin > Payment Processor Manager > Sagepay and change the status from "Test" to "Live".
7. Push through a genuine order on your website using a real credit card and ensure the payment goes through to Sagepay and everything works correctly.
Setting Up Your Live Status - Once step 7 is successful
1. Log into the Live My Sagepay account area and setup a new user, granting all privileges
2. Run through a genuine order using your credit card.
3. Log back into the Live Sagepay account area and make sure funds have been credited.
4. Perform a refund on the above transaction.
Sagepay is now live!